News and Events
- Work almost complete on Fife's first regional indoor football training facility
Construction work on a regional indoor football training facility at the Michael Woods Sports & Leisure Centre in Glenrothes is almost complete. The facility, which is funded by Fife Council and sportscotland, will be the first of its kind in Fife.
- Fifers get active with 20 million visits to leisure facilities
We are marking over 20 million visits by active locals to our facilities across the region.
- Fife's leading sports and leisure provider unveils gym refurbishment plans
We are delighted to announce the launch of our gym refurbishment programme which will see customers benefit from a range of state-of-the art equipment in our facilities.
- A hot offer to cool down
As the temperature rises, Fife’s youngsters are being offered an unbeatable offer to cool down with free swimming across the region.
- Leading sports and leisure service provider says thanks to volunteers
We are marking national Volunteers’ Week with a special thanks to all our volunteers.
- Leisure centre celebrates 30 years of keeping community active
One of our most popular leisure centres is celebrating 30 years of keeping the local community active and feeling great.
We’re marking 30 years since Cowdenbeath Leisure Centre opened its doors with a look back at the facility’s role in the local community.
- Youngsters given opportunity to try out water polo
We have welcomed our first group of qualified water polo instructors as part of our recently launched swim coach training programme.
As part of the training process, we invited keen swimmers to take part in a water polo taster session so that trainee instructors could get some real teaching experience.
- Sports and leisure provider named partner of the year
We are delighted to have been recognised for our work in supporting access to sports for people with a disability.
- Local kids climbing the walls
Local kids are reaching new heights thanks to the popularity of a climbing group which is making use our pose-built climbing facilities – one of the best in the region.
- Fitness event raises funds for Macmillan Cancer Support
Our charity fundraising event which brought together a group of energetic fitness instructors nearly two decades on from the first classes they delivered in the region, have presented a cheque to Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Fife's first regional indoor football training facility
Construction work has started on a regional indoor football training facility at the Michael Woods Sports & Leisure Centre in Glenrothes. The facility, which is funded by Fife Council and sportscotland, will be the first of its kind in Fife.
- Report supports the benefit of physical activity for people living with cancer
A programme which helps local people affected by cancer is making a real difference to them by delivering health and wellbeing benefits, as well as supporting partner services which they rely on, according to an independent report.
- Physical activity programme for young at heart launched
There’s no age limit to getting physically active – that was evident at the official launch of our programme aimed at increasing physical activity opportunities for adults.
- Disabled users get greater access to local leisure centre
Accessing sports and leisure facilities has been greatly improved for disabled users thanks to the completion of a new purpose-built changing area at Cupar Leisure Centre.
- Local leisure centre becomes dementia friendly
Staff at one of our most popular leisure centres are making sure that opportunities to enjoy the benefits of physical activity are more accessible for people living with dementia.
- 2017 Glenrothes Road Running Festival
The 2017 Glenrothes Road Running Festival will take place at Michael Woods Sports and Leisure Centre on Sunday 18th June.