What is the Talented Sports Performers Scheme?
The scheme provides talented sports performers with discounted access for training in sports and leisure facilities operated by Fife Sports and Leisure Trust. The overall aim is for talented sports performers to be developed to their full potential and world class performance achieved.
For the purposes of this particular scheme, training is defined as an additional activity which enhances the physical conditioning of a performer. This training must be in addition to normal club/squad sessions.
Who is eligible for the Talented Sports Performers Scheme?
The Performer must either be resident in Fife or a member of a fife-based sports club and represent their sport* at any of the following standards:
- Scottish Institute of Sport
- Area Institute of Sport
- Scottish/British/European/World Championship Title Holder
- Scottish or Great Britain Squad Member
* Only performers participating in a sport with a governing body recognised by sportscotland will be eligible to apply for support through the scheme. Evidence of this will be included within the application process through sportscotland's verification form.
How does the Scheme work?
The performer completes the application form, which has to be endorsed by the relevant NGB or Area Institute / Squad Coach and submits it to Fife Sports and Leisure Trust Headquarters. The application will then be assessed against the criteria, and the performer will be sent notification of the outcome of their application, including any particular conditions which may affect their access to the facilities. If applicable, a Talented Sports Performers Card will be issued and should be produced at reception to obtain the discounted rate.
What discount will I receive?
All performers will receive a discount off the standard charge depending on their sporting level (This may be up to 100%).
- Performers must have their application form endorsed by the relevant NGB or Area Institute / Squad Coach before submission to Fife Sports and Leisure Trust.
- The completed application form - together with a passport-size photograph should be submitted to Fife Sports and Leisure Trust.
- Cards are valid for a maximum period of one year from the date of issue. Performers must re-apply for a new card 6 weeks prior to their existing cards' expiry date.
- The facilities, which will be provided, to the performer and the times at which they can be used will be at the sole discretion of the Centre Manager. Bookings can be made up to 8 days in advance, centre terms and conditions apply.
- Access is only available to performers for their individual training requirements and will not apply to squad, club or team training. Tutored class and activity sessions operated in the centres are not included in this scheme. 6. Fife Sports and Leisure Trust reserves the right at any time to withdraw the card.
These are the conditions which apply to the Talented Sports Performers Scheme. In addition, the Management Rules for each of the centres will also apply, a copy of which is available from the Centre's Manager.
The following facilities are available via the Talented Sports Performers Scheme:
> Beacon Leisure Centre
> Bowhill Swimming Pool
> Cowdenbeath Leisure Centre
> Cupar Sports Centre
> Dalgety Bay Sports &
> Duloch Leisure Centre
> East Sands Leisure Centre
> Kirkcaldy Swimming Pool
> Levenmouth Swimming Pool & Sports Centre
> Pitreavie Athletics Centre
Fife Sports and Leisure Trust,
Music Institute,East Port,
Tel: 01383 602310
> Download Application